1. Announcements- Want to show off a new product? A new service? You can announce it in real time on Periscope! You can invite people to come and take advantage of your free products immediately! I love it!
2. Webinars- This is the perfect platform for holding a webinars. I know a lot of my fellow business friends do free webinars once in while, or hold some free quick classes for their clients. This is a great platform for it! You can control who you let into certain scopes (especially if people pay to take a class or webinar), so if it is something you only had certain people register for it, you can show just them. The people watching can comment and ask questions in real time, and the person holding the webinar/class can answer and address any concerns of the people watching!
3. Live Q&A: People may have a lot of questions about what you do or what your products are about. Well, you could tweet, Facebook or email your clients to know when you will be coming on, and then you could answer all their questions then and there.
4. Other entrepreneurs are on there, and they are giving away free advice!- Do you like free advice from other entrepreneurs and branding experts? Then you need to join Periscope! There are tons of awesome people on Periscope giving you their advice and sharing their experiences, and you can chat with them in real-time! It's so awesome!
5. Easy to block people.- Oh I love this so much. Someone make a comment you don't like, or you start to have a bunch of rude trolls, you can block them with 2 clicks. It's a beautiful feeling.
6. People get to know your business on an intimate level.- So far on Periscope I've seen some of my favorite business people broadcasting from their offices, outside, their homes and even their bedrooms. Talk about intimacy. But honestly, doing this makes these businesses and services seem much more like people with personalities more than just websites and cool stuff. I like seeing people talk passionately about their businesses while they are going about their everyday lives. This isn't some super rehearsed thing, they are in your face, raw and real. Transparency in business is SOOOO important! And Periscope is the definition of that.
7. People get to know you. - So, so important. More than anything these days, people do not just want to like your stuff or your services. They want to like you. That is why social media works. People love getting to know the people behind the products makes people enjoy the products even more. When people can identify with your values, your quirkiness, your humor, your logic and anything else, they are more willing to use your products.
Now Periscope is definitely not perfect, and their are businesses and people who it definitely would not work for. But if some of things I just mentioned sound good to you, I would give it a try! What has been your experience on Periscope? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Let me know!